Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Happy Veteran's Day!

Happy Veteran's Day, everyone. I'm grateful to all those who have served and currently serve our country. I wish I had thought of this before today, but I wanted to share some ideas for Veterans Day. I love to glean from what others do and make it my own. For this post, the ideas are not from me, but from others: 

Here's a low maintenance program idea: click here

Here are some ideas focusing on meter using Patriotic music: click here

And a blogger who has a lot of great ideas to share: click here


Lastly, I have a former neighbor and friend who served in Iraq. His job was to search out improvised explosive devices. He was blown up 6 times before having to retire from that job. He is now mostly blind and deaf, and has a fake eye. 
He recorded this clip about the flag for one of the local radio stations and shared it with me. It was not scripted. They had planned an hour for recording, but it only took one take to get this. He just spoke from the heart. click here
You are welcome to use this clip. It could tie in great with a lesson about the flag and The National Anthem. 

Happy Veterans Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment