Friday, October 7, 2016

Halloween memories

We got so many great ideas from Susan for Halloween! When she taught the Skin and Bones song, it brought back so many fun memories of teaching that song. Below are a few videos from when I taught There Was an old Woman All Skin and Bones.

This one is first grade.

This one we added instruments. (3rd grade)

This one I just love how the little girl walking around is feeling the music.


I can't remember exactly what my purpose was for the child walking around. My best guess is that he/she was the old woman. If I taught it again, I'd ask the "old woman" to act out the verses rather than just walk around. 

This would be fun to try in upper grades and have the student accompany the song using barred instruments...


Here's a link to some Halloween ideas shared on the blog last year:



No comments:

Post a Comment